Happy National Dog Day
It’s National Dog Day, a day, according to Colleen Paige, “to celebrate dogs for their capacity to love and their ability to impact our lives everyday in the most miraculous ways.”
In honor of this day, we’ll be donating dog food to our local shelter, to help other dogs find a fur-ever home (article to come!)
As for our dogs, Lilah, Jasper and Tucker have been planning all sorts of activities to celebrate National Dog Day. I asked them to help me make a list of suggestions for other dogs who want to celebrate their canine heritage.
Here’s their list:
1) Sleep in.
2) Go for walk…
3) …or a run.
4) Be a couch potato.
5) Watch something on the high-def 3D TV.
6) Hang out with pals.
7) Play some pool.
8) Put on some rock and roll.
9) Have friends over for dinner.
10) …and in the spirit of the holiday, invite that one friend who wouldn’t normally celebrate.
11) Take a nap.
12) Go out drinking.
13) Stay up late.
14) Have a ball!
How are you and your pets celebrating National Dog Day?
You may also like:
- 17 Ways my Cats Celebrate World Cat Day
- Dogs in the Wind
- Throw it Again (Winter Spring Summer or Fall)
- Three Seasons of Dog
- Haiku by Cat: Birdwatching