In the News
Media coverage of Merrick Dog Food Donation
At the BlogPaws conference in May 2014, I recorded a video describing at the Merrick Pet Care booth on why my dog is the “Best Dog Ever.” I couldn’t pick just one to describe as the best dog, so I offered a simple sentiment: that every dog whom I’ve had the honor to share my life with is the Best Dog Ever. Because each one gives so much and asks for so little. I was a lucky dog that day because the kind folks at Merrick randomly choose me out of all the bloggers who participated to win a year’s supply of dog food. I then donated the food to a local animal shelter.
- Somerset Messenger Gazette and NJ.com
- Bridgewater BReeze
- The Courier News (link archived and unavailable)
Winner of the 2014 BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Award for Best Blog Post
In May of 2014, I was awarded the coveted Nose-to-Nose Award for Best Blog Post. A very prestigious award in the pet blogging world, the Nose-to-Nose award is judged by peers–by writers and bloggers–and winning it is an incredible honor.
My photography–of dogs and cats, and the world around me–has been featured online and elsewhere, including:
- Three Noses, a picture of my three dogs’ noses lined up at my gate, graced the cover of the Dog Writers’ Association of America Spring 2014 issue of Ruff Drafts.
- Surrealist Cat, a great photo of Calvin reminiscent of the style of Rene Magritte, featured in The Pet Museum.
- My picture of Dawn on a high window ledge was a finalist in the Cats Climbing High Photo Contest sponsored by Hauspanther.
- Winner of the 2015 BlogPaws Spoil Your Pet Photo Contest
Life with Dogs and Cats was also featured in
- Cat Writers’ Association July/August 2014 Member Spotlight
- Interview by The Funny Farmer Felines featured on Mousebreath.com.
- Several Haiku by Cat were published in the Fall 2014 issue of the CWA’s MEOW.
- Chicago Tribune syndicated story: Guests vs. pets: Putting out the welcome mat for dog- and cat-wary visitors