When my dog Jasper hears a Sound, he barks. When Tucker thinks he hears a Sound, or hears Jasper barking about a Sound, he barks. Because there might have been a Guy or a Thing, and besides he heard it first. Whatever it was. If it was anything. Which is must have been, because Tucker barked.
Lilah, on the other paw, is a thoughtful dog, who speaks only when there is something of substance to discuss. (Perhaps there are some humans who could take a lesson from this. But I digress…)
The other evening Lilah presented a topic she thought was worthy of discourse, and — creative pup that she is — offered her opinion in a song.
I was lucky enough to capture her aria on video.
You’ll want to make sure you have the sound on for this.
Do your pets ever discuss important topics with you?
You may also like:
- Story (and video): A Dog and His Ball: a cautionary “tail”
- My Dog Lilah Nose What To Do on a Hot July 4th
- Speechless in New Jersey: What laryngitis taught me about my relationship with my dogs and cats
- Story: What Dogs and Cats Say
- Story: Dogs and cats living together
- Tucker and the Cone: The worst times can bring out the best in dogs and cats