The watchers at the window press wet noses against the glass, leaving snotmarks of sadness.
Even if you don’t turn back to see the soulful eyes staring at you, the hopeful hint of a wag, you can hear the eventual sighs of resignation that once again, you have left without them.
It’s a wonder we humans are able to walk out that door.
Do your pets send you on a guilt trip?
You may also like:
- Haiku by Dog: Waiting
- Haiku by Dog: Inconceivable
- Haiku by Dog: Sadness
- Photo: Sad Dogs, Grandma is Leaving
- Waiting at the Window: My Dogs Send Me On A Guilt Trip
- Text from Dog: OMG! You’re home!
- Text from Cat: Why are you leaving?