The dogs can tell the when mail truck — and the UPS truck for that matter — is coming down the street, even before the driver turns into our driveway.
It is cause for copious amounts of barking and wagging, and celebratory howls.
I’m not exactly sure why it’s such an event. Maybe it’s because years ago, our UPS driver used to bring dog biscuits when he came. But he’s since moved on, or to another route, and our current carriers and delivery people don’t come pre-loaded with treats.
I do have a theory, though.
I think the dogs remember our carrier from way back when. And because of his kindness, they believe that anyone who comes to the door might bring something tasty, that anyone at anytime might show up and be nice.
Dogs are eternal optimists.
Do you agree? Is your pet an optimist?
You may also like:
- Text from dog: The UPS guy
- Text from Dog: There was a squirrel
- Text from Dog: Deer, deer, deer
- Text from Dog: Full report
- Text from dog: OMG! You’re home!
- Text from dog: They’re gone!
- Text from dog: We thought you weren’t coming back
- Text from dog: You’re home!
- Text from Dog: Oh deer!
- The Welcoming Committee
- Photo: Dog Noses Times Three