To dogs, snow is irresistibly diggable. It’s so… there.
As in, “Why did you climb that mountain?” “Because it was there.”
For dogs, digging is immensely rewarding; it is less about the destination than the journey.
There’s the added benefit that snow digging is not actively discouraged. Unlike dirt and mud digging, which can have shampoo-related consequences.
Thus, a yard full of endless excavation opportunities is a gift to be savored while it lasts, as my dogs crater the yard with a whole lot of holes.
Why do you think dogs like to dig?
You may also like:
- Text from Dog: Dig it!
- Text from Dog: How embarrassing!
- Text from Dog: Mud. Bath.
- Text from Dog: Beardcicles
- Sir Tucker Terrier Reaches the Summit of Mount Neverest
- Haiku by Dog: Accomplishment
- Haiku by Dog: Choices
- The Grass is Always Greener