Winter: Snow on the ground, and a tossed ball disappears into the white stuff with a soft crunchy sigh. It’s a challenge to plow through the drifts, the ball is hard to find, and ice collects in between paw pads.
Early spring: Puddles, and wet feet that slide out from under a dog. Not to mention the mud that splashes and spatters on fur, where it sticks like Velcro. And might require a B.A.T.H.
For our ball-obsessed terrier, Tucker, Opening Day is when the snow is gone, the puddles have dried up, and mud is replaced with hard-packed dirt.
Then, it’s time to Play Ball!
What is your pet’s favorite game?
You may also like:
- Text from Dog: It’s time to play ball!
- Text from Dog: Mud. Bath.
- Text from Dog: She wants it.
- Text from Dog: Playing games
- Text from Cat: Having a ball
- Haiku by Dog: Ball
- How Do I Love Thee, Ball? A Dog Sonnet for National Poetry Month
- Photo: Floating on air; a dog and his ball
- Ball is Lost: Tucker the Dog Faces His Worst Nightmare
- Video: The Ball Stays Outside
- Story (and video): A Dog and His Ball: a cautionary “tail”
- Story: Play Ball!