“Play ball!” Those sweet words fall on the ears of humans this time of year, as baseball season opens amid the crack of bats and the cheers of crowds.
For Tucker, outdoor ball season generates different sounds: the thwop of a shlorby orb caught in an elegant leap, the tongue-hanging pant while the dog insists he’s not tired, and the joyful squeaky squeaky squeaks of a ball firmly grasped in a smiling fuzzy face heading back for yet one more throw.
It is a happy time for our terrier.
Do your pets have favorite pastimes?
You may also like:
- Text from Dog: Mud. Bath.
- Text from Dog: She wants it.
- Text from Dog: Playing games
- Text from Cat: Having a ball
- Haiku by Dog: Ball
- How Do I Love Thee, Ball? A Dog Sonnet for National Poetry Month
- Photo: Floating on air; a dog and his ball
- Ball is Lost: Tucker the Dog Faces His Worst Nightmare
- Video: The Ball Stays Outside
- Story (and video): A Dog and His Ball: a cautionary “tail”
- Story: Play Ball!